Thursday 29 November 2012


Blog One: Flying Time, the start.

 

Well, what an intense and long few days.  I have now been awake since 7:30am Saturday, New Zealand time, and currently at the time of writing this it is 4:45am on Monday morning.....  You do the maths coz my brain is fried.

I have managed to watch the entire first two seasons of Downton Abbey, 6 episodes of Grimm, The Princess and the Frog, Snow White and the Huntsman, and countless safety videos courtesy of Emirates. 

As the flying continued, the weather just kept getting hotter and muggier, until Dubai where I found it unbearable.  This, along with lack of sleep and hunger, prompted me to become a little homesick (already, I know.  Who won the bet?)  What didn’t help was that the food got worse, and I ended up with stomach cramps and diarrhoea.  Not pleasant when you’re stuck on the window seat.  The heating was unbearable in the planes as well, with lack of water.  This culminated in the feeling of being at sea.

I should stop complaining and get onto the good things....  Which are.....  I’M IN GERMANY!    But I did get lost already in Hamburg.  It’s a beautiful city from the little I have already seen so far.  My host family are nice, and they have another student going to the Goethe Institut staying with them too, so should be fun.

The weather reminded me of Dunedin, except probably  a little colder.  What I have already found most interesting is that the days are VERY short.  It was already beginning to get dark at about 3.  And their orange Fantas are yellow.  I’ll add some photos at a later date.

 

I think I will try out the TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment