Wednesday 26 December 2012


So the last few days have been busy busy BUSY!
 
Wednesday was the last day of class.  It was kind of sad.  The four weeks just flew by.  We all grew pretty close and got to know each other pretty well.  Some are now even on Facebook!  The joys of the interwebs at its best.  And thanks to Sena, we all had some Baklava.  (Some of us bit too much...)
Thursday I spent shopping, naturally.  I tried to pick out some German/ Hamburg souvenirs, and then I went clothes shopping.  I spent more than two hours in one shop trying on clothes.  Not because there was heaps that I liked, but because the sizing was out of whack.  That or I’ve put on more weight than I thought.  Will be hitting the exercise and healthy eating pretty hard out when I get back home, well after a good home cooked meal and a pavlova.  That is something I am going to miss this year at Christmas.
I wandered around the Christmas markets in Hamburg for about the hundredth time (okay, maybe a slight over exaggeration) but I finally bought a few thinks, including Potfrijes or something.  Mini pikletes!  They were pretty good. 
When I got home from shopping I still had to pack.  I now know why Mum was so stressed the night before I left home.  I realised that my bag is too small.  And so is my small bag!  I may have to find a satchel/ laptop bag for my laptop because I just can’t handle it.  The problem of having too much stuff to fit in my bag led me to go to the Post Office again.  This was my mission before my flight the next day.
The dreaded Deutsche Post post office.  Long line to begin with HALF AN HOUR AFTER THEY OPENED!  Then when I got back with my box all filled, I had to stand in line again.  Then the post office worker got annoyed because the lid flipped up when I put it on the counter.  Then while she was weighing it she almost DROPPED IT.  I was a tad mad by then.  Did she not realise there could have been breakables in it?  Then of all the places in Germany, Deutsche Post does not do credit.  Then I had to get more cash out which I didn’t really want to do as I would be going to London that very day.  Anyways, the parcel is on the way.  MOTHER:  please pick it up sometime as I did not put a return address on it.
Now I have successfully made it to London.  The flight was pretty relaxing.  So was the train ride.  Well relaxing = sleepy and tired.  Hopefully that’ll mean I’ll sleep well tonight.  I’ve barely eaten today and I can’t really be bothered to do so at this time, 9pm.
Anyways, tomorrow’s plan of attack is meeting with the Top Deck crew at 6AM!  I did not come away on holiday to continue getting up at an ungodly hour still.  Oh well.  It involves a free breakfast with the other people from the tour. 
Now that I am actually alone I may be feeling a little bit home sick, but that could just be the tiredness talking and the being totally alone in a new and HUGE place.  I’m also missing summer like crazy.  I want to enjoy the sun and lax at the beach.  I can’t wait to do that when I get back.
I’m going to upload this when I can, sorry that it’s a bit late.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment